Plone Groups Management Delegation
A customization of some Plone Groups Management screens, and some new templates and scripts added, providing the delegation of Groups management in Plone for any member without ‘Manager’ role.
This code was originally published by Ingeniweb in Grufspaces product and has been upgraded for plone3.x compliance, some tests have also been added.
How to use this product :
- add collective.groupdelegation to your buildout (see docs/INSTALL.txt for more information)
- Intall “Group Delegation” in your plone site using portal_quickinstaller
- Go to Users/Groups management control panels, Create a group and some users.
- Choose the group you want to delegate management
- Click on “Group Managers” tab
- Search for, and choose the user you want delegate the group management to.
- Connect to your site with this user credentials
- A “My groups” tab will appear in personal tools, click on this link
- The group will appear in list
- Click on this group link, now you can manage it without Manager rights.
TODO : Security issues
At this time no special zope security or role is needed to manage groups in Plone. The process is only protected by a condition “chekPermission(‘Manage portal’)”” inside templates.
This product is following the same logic, it’s just a skin product , the only thing done to allow/disallow groups management is a new property added to groups.
To improve security it could be useful to add a new specific zope security “Manage groups”, only allowed to a “Group manager” new role.
Then, when choosing the group manager, could it be possible to allow/disallow the local role to a specific user on a specific group ? i don’t know.
TODO : template and python scripts redesign
At this time this product is using actual Plone groups management templates and scripts because it is using the same methods to search/add/remove groups members, redesigning this product would mean first a complete redesign of plone templates, a big work that could be done in future …
For more information read the doctest (readme.txt) inside product.
0.4 - 2010/07/22
- fix docs folder is missing in package
0.3 - 2009/07/10
- Updated french translation. [vincentfretin]
- Added entry point to declare the product as plone plugin. [vincentfretin]
- Added profiles/default/groupdelegation_marker.txt to avoid to reexecute setupGroupDataDelegation when another product is installed. [vincentfretin]
- Synced with latest Plone 3.3 templates. [vincentfretin]
0.2 - 2009-06-26
- context/@@authenticator was missing in prefs_group_members overload (used in last plone 3.x versions) [macadames]
- prefs_group_members overload uses the same presentation as last plone 3.x template [macadames]
- link to controlpanel removed in prefs_delegated_groups_overview.cpt template [macadames]
0.1 - 2009-06-18
- Initial release [macadames]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.groupdelegation-0.4-py2.4.egg (38.3 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size collective.groupdelegation-0.4.zip (50.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for collective.groupdelegation-0.4-py2.4.egg
Hashes for collective.groupdelegation-0.4.zip