A fancy noticeboard for Plone
A fancy noticeboard for Plone inspired by corkboard.me
This Plone-Addon allow suser to transform folders or collections into a fancy noticeboard where users can add and modify postit-like notes. Notes display the content of a content-type (by default News Items) and are editable in overlays. Notes are draggable, resizeable and can change color.
collective.noticeboard works with Archetypes and Dexterity. By default it displays
- Image (if one exists)
In the configuration you can:
- select the default type used for notes
- select types that should be displayed
- enable adding notes by clicking on the canvas
- enable auto-publishing of notes
- select if notes should be hidden when the were not updated for a certain number of days
- display a link to a help-page (with the id ‘noticeboard-help’)
Items that were excluded from the navigation are not shown on the noticeboard (you might want to exclude the help-page).
In Plone, one needs delete permission on an object AND its parent folder to delete an item. Most often, a user has the edit permission on containing folders, so that does not matter.
On a noticeboard though, it makes sense that users are only allowed to add notes and not to modify the noticeboard itself.
To allow deletion of content, our delete functionality only checks for the delete permission on the object itself and not on the folder.
This should not create any trouble for you, but we note it here because it is a small deviation from Plones default behavior.
Add this line in the eggs section of your buildout.cfg:
eggs = ... collective.noticeboard
Take care to choose the right version of collective.js.jqueryui. They offer different versions for each minor Plone Release, so we cannot suggest minimum versions.
To get collective.noticeboard working on Plone 4.3.x you need at least collective.js.jqueryui = 1.10.3 which is not pinned by Plone 4.3.2.
Noticeboard breaks with underscore 1.5.0, so we declared collective.js.underscore < 1.5.0 as a dependency in setup.py.
Editing in overlays should work with the differnt version of Products.TinyMCE shipped with Plone 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3.
- Philip Bauer
- Patrick Gerken
- Fix security issue, anonymous users could modify notes positions. Fixes #6 [do3cc]
- Fix UnicodeError in byline [pbauer]
- Set a effective_date on auto-publishing notes [pbauer]
- Update to work with newest setuptools [pgerken]
- Pinn collective.js.underscore to < 1.5.0 to prevent breaking [pbauer]
- Prevent empty js-alerts when there is no real error [pbauer]
- Try publishing with publish_internally if publish does not work [pbauer]
- Add the right js hooks to support dexterity add and edit forms. [do3cc]
- Stop using show, but effect. show from jquery and jqueryui have different calling args. We actually want to use show from jqueryui to have fancy easing effects. [do3cc]
- fix bug when checking if the item is excluded from navigation [pbauer]
- Fix add-url to be compatible with AT and Dexterity [pbauer]
- Add some tests [do3cc]
- Add compatibility with Plone 4.3 [pbauer, do3cc]
- make buildout use buildout.plonetest [toutpt]
- Improve error-message when trying to delete a locked object. [pbauer]
- Better Cache Control (prevent anonymous users lock the noticeboard for the next 10 minutes…) [pgerken]
- remove obsolte code [pbauer]
- Fix use with collections [pbauer]
- Reimplement Delete functionality. Now deletion of a note is possible even without edit rights on the folder. This behavior is different to plone stock behavior! [do3cc]
- add byline [pbauer]
- add and improve some colors [pbauer]
- initial release