Adds metadata functionality to portlets
collective.portletmetadata is a collection of patches that makes it possible edit settings for each portlet assignment. We denote these settings for metadata thereby the name of the product.
Out of the box the product provides the following features:
- Possibility for creating local portlets, i.e. portlets that will not be inherited even though child settings imply so.
- Possibility for adding a CSS class for a portlet assignment. These are defined in the controlpanel (stored in registry).
- Possibility for excluding a portlet from being indexed by Google.
Plone version compatibility
Version 1.3 and upwards are Plone 5 only. If you want to install/use collective.portletmetadata on Plone 4.3, stick to version 1.2.
Whenever the product is installed a “*” will be visible in the @@manage-portlets view for each assignment. Whenever the user selects this option, he/she can edit the metadata as described above.
See a short guide here.
- Better documentation
- Fix Plone 5.0 support by downgrading the minimum plone.app.portlets version to be 3.0.0. The 3.x series of plone.app.portlets is the version used by Plone 5.0. [JeffersonBledsoe]
- Fix for Plone 5.2 and Python 3 compatibility. Should still work on Plone 5.0 and between as well. [maurits]
- Fix case in managing groups-and contenttype-portlets when the query-string is no longer in the request. [kroman0, pbauer]
- Plone 5 compatibility - this release requires plone 5 (p.a.portlets >= 4.0.0) [sunew]
- uninstall profile [sunew]
- Allow class|descriptive title as format in the control panel. When this format is used, we show the title in de portlet metadata edit form. A simple class is of course still supported. [maurits]
- Support the local portlet checkbox for ContentWellPortlets. [mauritsvanrees]
- Backported local portlets functionality [bosim]
- Override Products/ContentWellPortlets/browser/templates/renderer.pt [mauritsvanrees]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for collective.portletmetadata-1.4.1.tar.gz
Hashes for collective.portletmetadata-1.4.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl