prettySociable integration for Plone.
prettySociable is a jQuery plugin that tries to make sharing fun while being easy to use. It was inspired by the sharing on mashable.com.
While ShareThis and AddThis provides a very useful piece code that allow users to share basically anything everywhere, their solution is not the prettiest nor the easiest to use. prettySociable simply asks the user to drag the items he wants to share onto the website he wants to send it to.
The code is fully customizable, either from the CSS, or through custom settings you can set upon initialization.
The original implementation can be found here: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettysociable-mashable-like-sharing/
‘collective.prettysociable’ is an integration of prettySociable for Plone.
The following sharing services are available (see configuration to disable services):
This package requires Plone 3.x or later (tested on 3.3.3 and 4.0b3).
Installing without buildout
Install this package in either your system path packages or in the lib/python directory of your Zope instance. You can do this using either easy_install or via the setup.py script.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing collective.prettysociable is even simpler. You can install collective.prettysociable by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
[instance] eggs = collective.prettysociable
After updating the configuration you need to run the ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
To use prettySociable for inline elements just add ‘prettySociable’ from the styles menu (Kupu and TinyMCE) to the link.
collective.prettysociable can be customized via property sheet (go to ZMI, portal_properties, prettysociable_properties).
- enable_default: Enable the default JS to render prettySociable-tagged links. Disable this option to add your own JS code (via JS in custom folder or in theme package). (default: True)
- enable_h1: If enabled a permalink will be added to every H1 (documentFirstHeading) and prettySociable activated for this link. (default: True)
- normal (default)
- opacity: value from 0.0 to 1.0 (default: 0.80)
- hide_flash: Hides all the flash object on a page, set to TRUE if flash appears over prettySociable (default: False)
- hover_padding: add extra padding to the link (default: 0)
- image_height: the height of the icon (in pixel, default: 70)
- image_width: the width of the icon (in pixel, default: 70)
- xxx_active: active the sharing for the service (default: True)
- xxx_encode: if sharing is not working, try to turn to false (default: True)
Copyright and Credits
prettysociable is developed by Stephane Caron (http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com) and is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
Author of collective.prettysociable: Thomas Massmann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fixed hover image for large headings. [tmassman]
- Plone 4 compatibility. [tmassman]
- Added custom browserlayer. [tmassman]
- Fix for MSIE. [robgietema]
- Upgrade to prettySociable 1.2.1. [tmassman]
- Fixed wrong kupu style definition. [tmassman]
- Initial release. [tmassman]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|collective.prettysociable-0.3.1-py2.6.egg (143.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.6||Egg||Apr 17, 2011|
|collective.prettysociable-0.3.1.tar.gz (137.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Apr 17, 2011|