The YouTube Plone support for RedTurtle Video
This is an add-on adapter for RedTurtle Video product for Plone. For additional documentation see the main product’s page.
Add this to your Plone installation for beeing able to use YouTube video link as valid URLs for “Video link” content type.
Valid URL formats
Classic URL is supported:
Also the shortened version can be used:
You can enabled the YouTube video autoplay in two ways:
Use the YouTube autoplay=1 parameter in the YouTube video URL you are saving in Plone.
This is a permanent autoplay: the editor choose to autoplay the video at every visit
Call the RedTurtle video content with the autoplay=1 parameter.
This is a user choice autoplay: who links the Plone content choose to auto start it.
In the latter case, some accessibility improvements are added to the page for automatically put the focus onto the video and simplify keyboard controls (this works on Internet Explorer and Firefox, probably other browsers also but there isn’t a common behavior).
Developed with the support of:
All of them supports the PloneGov initiative.
- Always load the https version of resources URL [keul]
- Fixed non-XHTML usage of allowfullscreen attribute [keul]
- Added a video object id (for usability reason) [keul]
- If the YouTube URL contains the autoplay=1 parameter or if the RedTurtle video contents is called with the same param, autoplay on video will be enabled [keul]
- If the request url use autoplay, some accessibility/usability improvements are added to the page, for simply keyboard controls [keul]
- Removed the secondary template, just use one template for standard and shortened embedding [keul]
- Fixed Python import for Plone 4.3 (same problem of ticket #14) [bhenker, keul]
- Replaced object tag with iframe [cekk]
- Fixed egg dependency only to redturtle.video [keul]
- add getThumb method to return a default thumbnail image to redturtle.video on IRemoteVideo creation. This is a new feature of redturtle.video 0.8 and up. [lucabel]
- Add a new div around object tag in video template, new param and transparency. So you can be able to set correctly a z-index on this div and solve overlap problem with other elements on Internet Explorer. [lucabel]
- Initial release (moved out from redturtle.video)
- Support new youtu.be URLs