A Plone solution for manage signup attendance to events
A signup sheet implementation for Plone. New events-like content are added to your site, users can subscribe to those events filling a customizable form.
Table of contents
- How to use
After installation you can add a new content type to you site: the “Signup Sheet”.
Starting configuration in the edit form is only about general information about the event, like:
- Max number of registrants (if any)
- Waiting list size (if any)
- Start/End date of the event
- Start/End date of early bird phase
- Registration deadline
- …much more
After that your users can access a subscription form, but you can easily customize how the form looks like.
This product is based on PloneFormGen so you can use the same form construction features. You have a great set of form fields available, but 3rd party products can enhance this list (for example: a captcha protection field could help).
The form is automatically generated with three core fields:
The email field is recommended but you can freely change/delete them all and add much more fields.
Whatever form you define, your users must fill the form to subscribe.
Every time a user fill the form, a “registrant” content is created inside the “Registrants” subsection of the form. The registrant is real working document that an administrator can edit later (we are using the poweful uwosh.pfg.d2c here).
For users able to manage the signup sheet an administrative view “View Registrant” is given.
From this view you can see the status of all subscriptions and confim them. Right now confirming a user subscription has only internal meaning and confirmed or unconfirmed users are not handled in different way.
The Signup Sheet contains also two PloneFormGen mailer adapter, one for notification to the manager at every new subscription, another for notify the user itself after the subscription (for receive a confirmation of filled data).
You can customize those adapters for fit your needs (new mail messages, notify additional users, …).
although both mailers are normal PloneFormGen items, the “User notification mailer” is disabled by default. It’s used in a special way and must stay disabled for proper working.
Automatic notifications apart you can also use the “Notify Registrants” view, to send a custom message to all registrants (or to a part of them).
Subscribers can be exported in a CSV format, or imported from a CSV with the proper format.
Signup sheets are shown in the Plone calendar portlet like normals events.
Altough this product is using more recent Plone technologies, it’s miming all the features of another product: SignupSheet.
The software stack used in the orginal product has become too old to be maintained anymore. We hope this new add-on will give same features and best flexibility.
- Improved check to avoid duplicated registrants. [daniele]
- Fix check for duplicate registants for anonymous submissions [cekk]
- Added Norwegian translation [eivino]
- Some Language changes. Most notably changing ‘subscribing to’ to ‘register for’. [eivino]
- Add check to avoid duplicate registrant entries. [cekk]
- Removed some bad tab condition expressions [keul]
- Fixed security issues: some views were not protected with right permissions [keul]
- Merged features from Products.SignupSheetNotification (an unreleased add-on for original SignupSheet package) [keul]
- Email’s subject is now taken from the “Subject” field but dynamically created [fdelia]
- Fixed action adapter “Registrants” not deselectable (although deselecting it has no meaning) [fdelia]
- Fixed encodings errors on sending mail and exporting [keul]
- Added german translation [staeff]
- Some sanity to i18n structure: defaults better created by i18ndude call [keul]
- Added delete action to registrant view [staeff]
- Fixing packaging error that prevent this to be released on the Python Package Index. [keul]
- Initial release