Viewlet displaying user-editable links on portal or folder level
This package provides a viewlet that lets you enter in a list of local and external links on plonesite level and on subfolders. Usually these links get displayed in the footer, but the viewlet can be placed anywhere.
After installation the viewlet displays a Manage links button for users with the corresponding permission (granted to managers by default). Users can set the links for a context that implements ICanDefineLinks (plonesite or folders by default) by inserting them in a textfield like this:
Plone;http://plone.org Internal;/relative/to/plone-site Webmeisterei;http://webmeisterei.com
Links defined on the portal get displayed in subfolders too, as long as they do not define their own links.
See the package README for a test describing this package’s functionality in detail.
A screenshot of how links can be added and how they are displayed can be found on the product page on plone.org.
To use this package in a plone buildout add plone.app.z3cform to the eggs section and to the zcml slug for the zope instance:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... eggs = ... collective.viewlet.links ... zcml = collective.viewlet.links
Since collective.viewlet.links requires plone.app.z3cform the buildout is a little more complicating. See the developer buildout for an example.
- use plone.recipe.zope2install >= 3.0 (default fake-eggs)
- use same skip-fake-eggs
Improved validation allows internal links and displays errors so users know which links did not validate.
- validation allows internal links again [Liz]
- include plone.app.z3cform so validation errors are displayed nicely [fRiSi]
- added reference to product page and a screenshot to the README. [fRiSi]
- added i18n infrastructure and german translations (see developer buildout README for information how to add new translations [fRiSi]
- fixed GS version number so it won’t get confused with package version (http://plone.org/support/forums/core#nabble-td2561549) [fRiSi]
- using safe_unicode in i18n messagefactories to make them work with non ascii characters too. (viewlet raised an error when used on folders with umlauts in their title) [fRiSi]
validator that checks for correct syntax and valid urls [Liz]
css for formatting links similar to portal colophon links [fRiSi]
@@manage-links is able to edit links instead of needing to insert all of them again [fRiSi]
cleanup package: removed configlet, widget and other stuff that’s not needed for a functioning product yet. all the stuff is still available for lizzy in http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/collective.viewlet.links/branches/liz_newform [fRiSi]
added custom permission for managing links [fRiSi]
using List(value_type=Object(schema=ILink)) for storing links [fRiSi]
enabled storing links on any folder as annotation
added README with basic functional test that ensures defining links and displaying them in viewlet works [fRiSi]
fixed tests for plone 3.1 and plone.z3cform 0.3
(see nouri’s comment “Updated to work with 0.3 plone.z3cform and plone.app.z3cform” on http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/easy-forms-with-plone3) [fRiSi]