Collective.ZodbBrowser is a web application to browse, inspect and introspect Zope’s zodb objects. It is inspired on smalltalk’s class browser and zodbbrowsers for zope3.
There is a demo video available at YouTube’s menttes channel.
Using ZodbBrowser with your buildout
If you already have a buildout for Plone3 or Plone4 running, edit
buildout.cfg to add collective.zodbbrowser to eggs and zcml sections at buildout
and instance parts respectively.
eggs = collective.zodbbrowser
Autoinclude is automatically configured to work in Plone but if you are using
any other systems, make sure to add a zcml slug:
zcml = collective.zodbbrowser
Then run bin/buildout to make the changes effective.
- Changed namespace to avoid conflicts on windows plataforms. Thanks to Laurence Rowe.
- Added Smartfilter for Plone folders. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy and
- Added annotations list
- Switch from View to ViewManagementScreens Permissions. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy.
- Added alternate view that starts to filter out objects that are unlikely.
to be navigated. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy.
- Rename views to not conflict with certain built in items. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy.
- Render sites with broken interfaces. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy.
- Bumped the jquery dynatree version, fixed missing dependencies for jq libs. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy.
- Fix setup.py so that autoinclude works with plone without zcml. Thanks to Elizabeth Leddy.
- Make all browser views extend DoomedBrowserView, which makes sure the utility
can’t accidentally commit a transaction. Thanks to David Glick.
- Remove unused five:registerPackage directive and initialize method. Thanks to David Glick.
zope2.zodbbrowser 0.2 experimental version
- Added ui.layout for better layout and resizable panels. Thanks to Quimera.
- Updated jquery from 1.4.2 to 1.4.4.
- Added Pretty printing format to show propertie’s values. Thanks to Laurence Rowe and Emanuel Sartor.
- Added support for older pythons 2.4 , 2.5. Thanks to Laurence Rowe.
- Included module and file path for source code. Thanks to davidjb.
- Added z3c.autoinclude.plugin support to remove the zcml entry on buildout. Thanks to aclark.
zope2.zodbbrowser 0.1 experimental version
- Initial release includes: Class and Ancestors, Properties, Callables and Interfaces provided.
- Support for Zope 2.13.x
- Support for Firefox 3.6 and Chrome 5.0. No support Internet Explorer yet.