Better bit manipulation that allows indexing, and automatic bit flags.
Color Guard provides simple bit manipulation and bit flags in Python. Everything is built on the int type so no number functionality is lost, while making it possible to index and slice binary numbers like strings.
>>> num = Bits(20) >>> num Bits(0b10100) >>> num * 3 Bits(0b111100) >>> num[:4] Bits(0b1010) >>> num.bit_length() 5 >>> num.join(0b101) Bits(0b10100101)
Color Guard also supports conversion to and from other Python data types.
>>> Bits.from_binary("111101001101") Bits(0b111101001101) >>> Bits.from_hex("abc123") Bits(0b101010111100000100100011) >>> Bits.from_bytes(b"abc") Bits(0b11000010110001001100011) >>> bytes(Bits(367)) b'\x01o' >>> int(Bits(0b1011010)) 90 >>> list(Bits(367)) [1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1]
- Indexing and slicing of binary numbers like strings
- Conversion between several Python data types
- All builtin math operations including bit manipulation and comparison
- Padded binary numbers that maintain bit length
- Custom, easy-to-use bit flags
- Bit field loading from bytes or stream
- Custom data descriptors for fields
- Field editing & conversion to bytes
For further documentation, visit http://paric.xyz/python/