Generic schedulers for competitions
The goal of this package is to provide high-quality, randomized schedule generators for competitions, particularly leagues. The schedulers generate lists of rounds for competitions when provided a list of teams or a team count.
Right now, this library supports schedule generation for pure round-robin competitions. While special wrappers are provided for round-robin leagues with between 1 and 4 meetings between teams, competitions with more meetings are possible.
There will be a v0.3, but I don’t know what should be in it. Should I clone scheduling formulas from real sports leagues? Do you want knockout cups, playoffs, or more predictable round-robin scheduling? I won’t know unless you tell me. Open feature requests on this project’s GitHub repo and tell me what you want to see in version 0.3!
Changes in v0.2
- Standard round-robin schedulers for leagues with odd numbers of meetings.
Later changes in the v0.2 series
- v0.2.1 added tests for higher-level round-robin schedules.
- v0.2.2 and v0.2.3 added additional tests.
- v0.2.4 rewrote the odd-numbered matrix generation and even-numbered match generation tests.
- v0.2.5 rewrote the odd-numbered match generation test.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
(9.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|any||Wheel||Dec 31, 2015|
(25.8 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|–||Source||Dec 31, 2015|