Conditionally enter a context manager
- conditional(condition, contextmanager)
- Enter contextmanager only if condition is true.
The conditional context manager comes handy when you always want to execute a with-block but only conditionally want to apply its context manager.
If you find yourself writing code like this:
if CONDITION: with CONTEXTMANAGER(): BODY() else: BODY()
Consider replacing it with:
with conditional(CONDITION, CONTEXTMANAGER()): BODY()
Say we want to ignore signals when a pager application is in the foreground, but not otherwise:
from conditional import conditional with conditional(has_pager(cmd), ignoresignals()): os.system(cmd)
For further details please refer to the API Documentation.
1.3 - 2019-01-28
- Add MANIFEST.in. [stefan]
- Release as wheel. [stefan]
1.2 - 2017-02-05
- Support Python 2.6-3.6 without 2to3. [stefan]
- Add a LICENSE file. [stefan]
1.1 - 2014-04-19
- Remove setuptools from install_requires because it isn’t. [stefan]
1.0 - 2012-05-16
- Initial release. [stefan]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size conditional-1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (4.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size conditional-1.3.zip (8.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for conditional-1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl