Cookiecutter template for a Python namespace package
Cookiecutter Namespace Template for a Python package.
- GitHub repo: https://github.com/veit/cookiecutter-namespace-template/
- License: BSD license
- Testing setup with unittest and python setup.py test or py.test
- Tox testing: Setup to easily test for Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
- Sphinx docs: Documentation ready for generation with, for example, ReadTheDocs
- Bumpversion: Pre-configured version bumping with a single command
- Optional auto-release to PyPI when you push a new tag to master (optional)
- Optional command line interface using Click
Install the latest Cookiecutter if you haven’t installed it yet (this requires Cookiecutter 1.4.0 or higher):
$ pip install -U cookiecutter
Generate a Python package project:
$ cookiecutter https://github.com/veit/cookiecutter-namespace-template.git
Create a repo and put it there.
Register your project with PyPI.
Add the repo to your ReadTheDocs account and turn on the ReadTheDocs service hook.
Release your package by pushing a new tag to master.
If you have differences in your preferred setup, I encourage you to fork this to create your own version. I also accept pull requests on this, if they’re small, atomic, and if they make my own packaging experience better.