This is an application designed to speed up process of configuring evironment for new flask RESTful projects.
This utility is answer on my personal demand. Creating repository and building all flask project dependencies from scratch for every new project is time consumming and boring. Install this package, call create-flask-application utility, answer basic questions and enjoy your new project.
To install create-flask-application utility, just type:
` $ pip install create-flask-application `
This module is only available for python3 (for now).
In your console, type: ` $ create-flask-application `
You will be asked few questions. A new directory will be created inside your CWD. Its name is the same as you specified answering first question about project name.
- create-flask-application will spawn templates with:
- basic rest api implementation
- optional flask-mail support
- optional socketio support
- wsgi application config
- general application config with random generated secret key
- optional sqlalchemy initial setup
- create-flask-application will:
- create project directory
- create virtualenv directory called venv
- install all required python dependencies
- render all requiered code templates
- spawn basic gitignore file
- create-flask-application will not:
- create git repository
- work under python 2
- support databases other than postgresql with psycopg2 driver (I will update it to all databases supported by sqlalchemy soon)
Note that you have to have python3-venv installed.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for create-flask-application-0.1.9.tar.gz
Hashes for create_flask_application-0.1.9-py3-none-any.whl