Some viewlets to do SEO work in Plone sites
This product adds some viewlet to improve SEO in Plone sites:
Meta tag to tell robots “noindex, follow” the batch pages
Canonical url link for all pages. We have followed these rules for canonical urls:
For normal content, the url is the object’s url without the trailing ‘/’:
- yoursite.com/news/ -> yoursite.com/news
Default page (and its trailing ‘/’) is removed from the canonical url:
- yoursite.com/news/aggregator -> yoursite.com/news (aggregator is the default page of news)
- yoursite.com/news/aggregator/ -> yoursite.com/news (aggregator is the default page of news)
View or template name is preserved in the canonical url:
- yoursite.com/@@search?SearchableText=query -> yoursite.com/@@search?SearchableText=query
- yoursite.com/folder1/folder_listing -> yoursite.com/folder1/folder_listing
Customized batching template to create batching base urls based on canonical urls.
Tested with Plone 4.2.x. It should work all previous Plone 4 versions, but it’s untested.
In Plone 4.3.x the changes in batching template will not be available, because of the use of plone.batching product and this product provides replacement just for batch_macros.pt template.
- Added <meta name=”robots” value=”noindex,follow” /> for the default pages [libargutxi]
- Added zcml:condition=”not-have plone-43” for canonical viewlet [libargutxi]
- Batch template needs base urls without parameters [erral]
- Brown bag release: Remove debugging output from template. [erral]
- Fix batch url for 2nd and next pages [erral]
- One more check in baching [erral]
- Fix batches’ base url with canonical urls [erral]
- Remove trailing / for the canonical urls, rely on the default view (template or default page) [erral]
- Added <link rel=”canonical” …> tag for all pages. [erral]
- Added meta noindex, follow tag for batch pages [erral]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cs.seopack-1.1.zip (19.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|