blogging component for the CubicWeb framework
The blog cube provides blogging functionnalities. It creates two entity types, Blog and BlogEntry. There are related to each other by the relation BlogEntry entry_of Blog.
It is a CubicWeb component. CubicWeb is a semantic web application framework, see http://www.cubicweb.org
Auto-install from sources prefered with pip/Distribute:
pip install cubicweb-blog
If you have troubles, use easy_install/setuptools and eggs:
You can install the package manually from the uncompressed tarball:
python setup.py install # auto-install dependencies
If you don’t want the dependancies to be installed automaticly, you can force the setup to use the standard library distutils:
NO_SETUPTOOLS=1 python setup.py install
More details at http://www.cubicweb.org/doc/en/admin/setup
When a user submits a blog entry, it goes in a draft state until the blog entry is published by an application managers. The blog entry will not be visible until it reaches the published state.
When a blog entry is submitted, an email notification is automatically sent to all the users belonging to the managers group of the application.
Specific boxes provided by this cube:
- BlogEntryArchiveBox, displays a box with the total number of blog entries submitted by month for the last twelve months.
- BlogEntryListBox, displays a box with the latest five blog entries published in your application as well as link to subscribe to a RSS feed.
- BlogEntrySummary, displays a box with the list of users who submitted blog entries and the total number of blog entries they submitted.
This cube also provides some web services such as:
- http://xx:xxxx/blogentries/YYYY to retrieve the blog entries submitted during the year YYYY through a RSS feed
- http://xx:xxxx/blogentries/YYYY/MM to retrieve the blog entries submitted during the month MM of the year YYYY through a RSS feed
- http://xx:xxxx/blog/[eid]/blogentries/YYYY to retrieve the blog entries submitted in the blog of identifier [eid], during the year YYYY through a RSS feed
- http://xx:xxxx/blog/[eid]/blogentries/YYYY/MM to retrieve the blog entries submitted in the blog of identifier [eid], during the month MM of the year YYYY through a RSS feed
Look in the doc/ subdirectory or read http://www.cubicweb.org/doc/en/