A command-line interface for preparing and outputting Cumulus Messages for Cumulus Tasks
# Cumulus Message Adapter
cumulus-message-adapter is a command-line interface for preparing and outputting Cumulus Messages for Cumulus Tasks. cumulus-message-adapter helps Cumulus developers integrate a task into a Cumulus Workflow.
Read more about how the cumulus-message-adapter works in the [CONTRACT.md](./CONTRACT.md).
### Release Versions
Please note the following convention for release versions:
- X is an organizational release that signifies the completion of a core set of functionality
- Y is a major version release that may include incompatible API changes and/or other breaking changes
- Z is a minor version that includes bugfixes and backwards compatible improvements
### Continuous Integration
[CircleCI](https://circleci.com/gh/nasa/cumulus-message-adapter) manages releases and release assets.
Whenever CircleCI passes on the master branch of cumulus-message-adapter and message_adapter/version.py has been updated with a version that doesn’t match an existing tag, CircleCI will:
- Create a new tag with tag_name of the string in message_adapter/version.py
- Create a new release using the new tag, with a name equal to tag_name (equal to version).
- Build a cumulus-message-adapter.zip file and attach it as a release asset to the newly created release. The zip file is created using the [Makefile](./Makefile) in the root of this repository.
These steps are fully detailed in the [.circleci/config.yml](./.circleci/config.yml) file.
### Dependency Installation
`shell pip install -r requirements-dev.txt pip install -r requirements.txt `
### Running Tests
Running tests requires [localstack](https://github.com/localstack/localstack).
Tests only require localstack running S3, which can be initiated with the following command:
`shell SERVICES=s3 localstack start `
And then you can check tests pass with the following nosetests command:
`shell CUMULUS_ENV=testing nosetests -v -s `
`shell pylint message_adapter `
If changes are made to the codebase, you can create the cumulus-message-adapter zip archive for testing libraries that require it:
`shell make clean make cumulus-message-adapter.zip `
Then you can run some integration tests:
`shell ./examples/example-node-message-adapter-lib.js `
- Error: “DistutilsOptionError: must supply either home or prefix/exec-prefix — not both” when running make cumulus-message-adapter.zip * [Solution](https://stackoverflow.com/a/24357384)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cumulus-message-adapter-1.3.1.tar.gz (14.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cumulus-message-adapter-1.3.1.tar.gz