A simple CUNYFIRST python API
Welcome 👋 to CUNYFirstAPI
Looking to contribute?
First of, thanks for looking to help out! We're glad to have you! It's important that before you contribute you read the Our Goal section above.
Okay so you know what we're looking to do. Here's how you can help:
- Contributing to the core
- Our core is written in python. Since this is an API (or more so a wrapper) we need to make it as robust as possible. If your interested in adding new methods, tests, improving methods then this is the section for you. Look below at the code contributions section to get started
- This API will be used in a few CUNYFirst related projects (Grade-Notifier, Textbook-Finder ... etc). These projects will rely heavily on this project being robust and working smoothly. If your interested in making sure each release is of the highest quality this is the section for you. Check out the code contributions section for getting started and focus on our Danger, bitrise.yml, hound.yml.
- Creating Issues
- Issues are bound to come up. Our Issues section is where all feature requests, bug reports should go. Making sure issues are categorized is very important. Head over to the Issues section of this GitHub repo and start adding issues, features and responding.
- Being an API means developers who implement the API need a quick way to understand how to use it. If your interested in writing up code documentation look below on how to get started and focus on functions without proper documentation.
- We want to be inclusive. This README.md is meant to be warm but there is much room for improvement. If you like writing go ahead and edit this file. We also want/have a SETUP.md, PULL_REQUEST_GUIDE.md, CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md files. Those can all be improved or written.
- navigate into the folder where you want the project to exist
gem install jump-starter
- download this projects starter file and place it inside the folder - Starter file can be downloaded: here
- Click the fork button at the top right of the screen
- Navigate to the directory where you want this projects folder to reside
- git clone ....... from your fork
Installing the package locally for testing
To install and run this package locally, clone the repository and inside the root directory run
python3 -m pip install --user -e .
Code of Conduct
Please refer to CODE OF CONDUCT
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cunyfirstapi-0.0.18-py3-none-any.whl (23.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size cunyfirstapi-0.0.18.tar.gz (17.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cunyfirstapi-0.0.18-py3-none-any.whl