2048 implementation with python and ncurses
A terminal/ncurses/python version of the original game at http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048
- Free software: GPL license
Open your terminal and type:
$ pip install curses-2048
$ easy_install curses-2048
If your terminal has support for 256 colors you will see colors mimicking the original game, something like the screenshot above. If your terminal only supports 16 colors, you will se something like this:
Recent versions of xterm and gnome terminal are known to support 256 colors, if you do not see them, probably your environment variable TERM is not set accordingly. Do
$ export TERM=xterm-256color
or, if you are using screen or tmux
$ export TERM=screen-256color
to enjoy curses-2048 in full 256 colors glory.
Use the cursor keys to move and join tiles. Get to the 2048 tile!
- First release as a module. Packaged for pypi by Henrique Pereira. Uploaded to pypi
- Proper initialization of curses colors and hide terminal cursor, by Chris Seymour
- Added support for 256 color terminals mimicking the original web game
- adapt tile height to terminal window height and adjust dynamically if resized
- Dynamically handle resizing onto smaller than 80x24 terminal size, by Chris Seymour
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size curses-2048-1.4.tar.gz (8.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|