Gender Detection Tool by David Arroyo MEnéndez
Damegender is a gender detection tool from the name coded by David Arroyo MEnéndez (DAME)
- If you want to determine gender gap in Free Software projects or mailing lists.
- If you don't know the gender about a name
- If you want to research with statistics about why a name is related with males or females.
- If you want to use a free gender detection tool from a name from a command with open data.
- If you want to use the main solutions in gender detection (Genderize, Genderapi, Namsor, Nameapi and Gender Guesser) from a command.
DAMe Gender is for you!
Tell me about DAMe Gender papers
- Damegender:Writing and Comparing Gender Detection Tools (CEUR)
- Damegender: Towards an International and Free Dataset about Name, Gender and Frequency
Possible Debian/Ubuntu dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install python3-nose-exclude python3-dev dict dict-freedict-eng-spa dict-freedict-spa-eng dictd
$ git clone https://github.com/davidam/damegender $ cd damegender $ pip3 install -r requirements.txt
With python package
$ python3 -m venv /tmp/d $ cd /tmp/d $ source bin/activate $ pip install --upgrade pip $ pip3 install damegender[all] $ cd lib/python3.5/site-packages/damegender $ python3 main.py David
To install APIs extra dependencies:
$ pip3 install damegender[apis]
To install mailing lists and repositories extra dependencies:
$ pip3 install damegender[mails_and_repositories]
To install all possible dependencies
$ pip3 install damegender[all]
Obtaining an api key
Currently you can need an api key from:
You can execute:
$ python3 apikeyadd.py
To configure your api key
To remember that this idea is optional. Damegender doesn't need api keys to be executed.
Only api2gender.py or downloadjson.py is requiring to configure some API key from (Genderize, Namsor, GenderAPI, NameAPI)
The rest of commands is based in datasets released with licenses allowing to copy and to distribute freeely.
$ python3 >>> import nltk >>> nltk.download('names')
Speeches, Seminars, Expressions of Support
Group Retreat 2019 Workshop (URJC, 2019)
License of Damegender
Damegender is released under GPLv3.
License of this document
Copyright (C) 2019 David Arroyo Menéndez Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in GNU Free Documentation License.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.