Sandman inspired database and schema agnostic automatic REST API creator and data viewer/analyser
As stated above this project was inspired by Sandman by Jeff Knupp. At the same time damvitool improves on the original in a few important areas:
- Support for compound queries (both for REST API and UI)
- Extremely flexible and powerful UI (query builder wizard) thanks to SmartClient library by Isomorphic
- Support for column summaries
- Unlimited resulting grid (sorted&filtered) export to CSV file
Frameworks and libraries used
- Ability to save queries
- Extended authorisation support with fine grained control of access to queries/tables
- Editing of records
- Charting engine for data visualization
Use pip to install damvitool:
$ pip install damvitool
Run damvitool from command line:
When you run damvitool from command line without parameters it connects by default to the demo Chinook Database for SQLite.
To connect to your legacy database run damvitool with your database URL as parameter, like so:
$ damvitool --database sqlite:///damvitool/data/Chinook_Sqlite.sqlite
where sqlite:///damvitool/data/Chinook_Sqlite.sqlite is database URL in SQLAlchemy format (http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/core/engines.html#database-urls).
Admin panel access
Default admin panel URL is http://localhost:8080
Build new database request
- Click Wizard button.
- Login with the following credentials: user1/password1.
- Choose root entity for your data query. If tables needed for your query don’t have relations between them you can add another root entity to your query.
- Choose relevant entities fields.
- Set filter criteria.
- View results.
- Move RESTful API from /proxy/* to /api/*
- Improved documentation
- Fix backend and frontend e2e tests
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size damvitool-0.2.0.tar.gz (15.2 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|