A framework-agnostic datasets library for Machine Learning research and education.
Dataget is an easy to use, framework-agnostic, dataset library that gives you quick access to a collection of Machine Learning datasets through a simple API.
- Minimal: Downloads entire datasets with just 1 line of code.
- Framework Agnostic: Loads data as
pandasdataframes which can be easily used with the majority of Machine Learning frameworks.
- Transparent: By default stores the data in your current project so you can easily inspect it.
- Memory Efficient: When a dataset doesn't fit in memory it will return metadata instead so you can iteratively load it.
- Integrates with Kaggle: Supports loading datasets directly from Kaggle in a variety of formats.
Checkout the documentation for the list of available datasets.
In dataget you just have to do two things:
- Instantiate a
Datasetfrom our collection.
- Call the
getmethod to download the data to disk and load it into memory.
Both are usually done in one line:
import dataget X_train, y_train, X_test, y_test = dataget.image.mnist().get()
This example downloads the MNIST dataset to
./data/image_mnist and loads it as
Kaggle promotes the use of
csv files and
dataget loves it! With dataget you can quickly download any dataset from the platform and have immediate access to the data:
import dataget df_train, df_test = dataget.kaggle(dataset="cristiangarcia/pointcloudmnist2d").get( files=["train.csv", "test.csv"] )
To start using Kaggle datasets just make sure you have properly installed and configured the Kaggle API. In the future we want to expand Kaggle support in the following ways:
- Be able to load any file that
- Have generic support for other types of datasets like images, audio, video, etc.
pip install dataget
Adding a new dataset is easy! Read our guide on Creating a Dataset if you are interested in contributing a dataset.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.