datasette plugin to explore CLDF datasets
Datasette plugin to explore CLDF datasets
CLDF datasets can be easily loaded into SQLite databases
cldf createdb command provided with
pycldf). Thus, they can be readily explored via the web interface provided by
This plugin exploits the "semantics" of CLDF to customize datasette, e.g. to display
glottocode columns as hyperlinks to https://glottolog.org or to display rows of an
ExampleTable component as interlinear glossed text, i.e. with
aligned morphemes and glosses.
datasette-cldf customizes datasette by providing
- custom datasette metadata
- custom templates
- and custom configuration.
Thus, instead of calling the
datasette cli directly, ỳou call the
datasette.serve subcommand, which this package registers with
cldfbench datasette.serve PATH/TO/cldf-metadata.json
We'll show the customizations provided by this plugin with a series of screenshots of datasette serving the World Atlas of Language Structures.
- Languages are displayed on a map
- Language details also show a map
- and link to feature values of the language
- Feature pages list possible values and their distribution
- Sources are formatted according to the Unified Style Sheet and as BibTeX records
- Examples are formatted as interlinear glossed text according to the Leipzig Glossing Rules
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for datasette_cldf-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl