Utilities for Data Work
The datautil package provides various utilities for working with data:
* cache: Url caching and scraping
* tabular/*: Processing and transforming tabular data to and from various
formats including csv, json, google spreadsheets, xls
* misc, date: Cleaning up and parsing data especially dates.
* id: ID generation and shortenening
* clitools.py: Command line tools such as creating optparse object and usage
from a module of object.
* deliveranceproxy.py: Deliverance proxy helper
* Rename swiss to datautil
* Support for google docs spreadsheets as sources for TabularData
* Improve documentation of date module and add FlexiDate.as_datetime()
* New clitools module incorporating existing cli tools
* deliveranceproxy.py: Deliverance proxy helper for proxying to remote
websites and retheming with deliverance.
* parse/name.py: new (human) name parsing code
* Extensive refactoring of tabular module/package
* Standardized interface with BaseReader and BaseWriter
* JsonReader and JsonWriter providing json reading and writing
* TxtWriter to support writing to plain text
* Improvements to date parsing (support for circa, 'c.', etc)
* New id module to do 'compression' of uuids using 32 and 64 bit encoding
* Bring together existing code (from last 2+ years) into new 'datautil' package
* Url caching and scraping
* Tabular data handling including csv reader/writer, xls reader, latex writer
and associated utilities (such as pivot_table)
* Cleaning and parsing data especially dates (misc and date modules)
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.