New date and time classes
The datetime2 module provides date and time classes to Python.
In addition to the features of the standard datetime module, adding the capability of constructing and representing date and time in many formats and removing a few limits that the original package has.
Documentation is hosted at ReadtheDocs
Code is hosted at GitHub: the wiki pages host development discussions. datetime2 is a one-man, free-time work. Although I am deeply committed in completing the project, do not expect regular updates (and indeed there weren’t for two years!)
- Decoupling between operations on date and time objects and their representation.
- Access to different calendars, for input parsing and output formatting.
- Access to different time representations, also for input and output.
- Infinite precision in converting between different time representations.
- Ability to dynamically register new formatting classes.
- Implementation of the part of the Unicode Locale Database concerned with dates and times.
- Interface with other Python modules or inclusion of their functionalities in submodules.
These objectives are very long term ones, which I am setting because I think it is important to establish a direction for the project. Do not expect to see them implemented in initial versions of the module, even if you will be able to see traces of them early.
Datetime2 is distributed under the terms of the new BSD license. You are free to use it for commercial or non-commercial projects with little or no restriction, all I ask is that:
Redistributions of the code, in whole or part, retain the original copyright notice and license text. You do not claim my endorsement of any derived product.
For a complete text of the license see the LICENSE.txt file in the source distribution.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size datetime2-0.7.5-py3-none-any.whl (14.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size datetime2-0.7.5.tar.gz (11.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for datetime2-0.7.5-py3-none-any.whl