Deep Difference and Search of any Python object/data. Recreate objects by adding adding deltas to each other.
DeepDiff v 6.5.0
- DeepDiff: Deep Difference of dictionaries, iterables, strings, and ANY other object.
- DeepSearch: Search for objects within other objects.
- DeepHash: Hash any object based on their content.
- Delta: Store the difference of objects and apply them to other objects.
- Extract: Extract an item from a nested Python object using its path.
- commandline: Use DeepDiff from commandline.
Tested on Python 3.7+ and PyPy3.
What is new?
Please check the ChangeLog file for the detailed information.
- Add Ignore List Order Option to DeepHash by Bobby Morck
- pyyaml to 6.0.1 to fix cython build problems by Robert Bo Davis
- Precompiled regex simple diff by cohml
- New flag:
zip_ordered_iterablesfor forcing iterable items to be compared one by one.
Install from PyPi:
pip install deepdiff
If you want to use DeepDiff from commandline:
pip install "deepdiff[cli]"
If you want to improve the performance of DeepDiff with certain functionalities such as improved json serialization:
pip install "deepdiff[optimize]"
Install optional packages:
- tomli (python 3.10 and older) and tomli-w for writing
- clevercsv for more rubust CSV parsing
- orjson for speed and memory optimized parsing
Please take a look at the CHANGELOG file.
:mega: Please fill out our fast 5-question survey so that we can learn how & why you use DeepDiff, and what improvements we should make. Thank you! :dancers:
- Please make your PR against the dev branch
- Please make sure that your PR has tests. Since DeepDiff is used in many sensitive data driven projects, we strive to maintain around 100% test coverage on the code.
pytest --cov=deepdiff --runslow to see the coverage report. Note that the
--runslow flag will run some slow tests too. In most cases you only want to run the fast tests which so you wont add the
Or to see a more user friendly version, please run:
pytest --cov=deepdiff --cov-report term-missing --runslow.
How to cite this library (APA style):
Dehpour, S. (2023). DeepDiff (Version 6.5.0) [Software]. Available from https://github.com/seperman/deepdiff.
How to cite this library (Chicago style):
Dehpour, Sep. 2023. DeepDiff (version 6.5.0).
Please take a look at the AUTHORS file.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.