Utility for comparing codebases using scancode-toolkit
DeltaCode is a simple command line utility that leverages the power of scancode-toolkit to determine file-level differences between two codebases.
During a typical software release cycle, development teams and software compliance experts want insight into how a codebase has changed during each release iteration. Specifically, these users need a utility that can point out places in a codebase where material license and other provenance changes have occurred. This is where DeltaCode comes in.
DeltaCode provides an accurate means of comparing two ScanCode result files, and returning any possible changes that have occurred between the two given scanned codebases. DeltaCode currently has the ability to detect file size and license changes, as well as means to detect when files have been moved to new locations.
We are continuously working on new features, such as detecting copyright changes and detecting package version changes.
For more comprehensive installation instructions and development instructions, see: Comprehensive Installation
For development instructions, see: Development Instructions
- Make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
- Download and install Python 2.7 32 bits for Windows https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14.msi
- Download and install Python 2.7 for Mac https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14-macosx10.6.pkg
- Download and install Python 2.7 for Linux via distro package manager
Next, download and extract the latest DeltaCode release from:
Open a terminal, extract the downloaded release archive, then cd to the extracted directory and run this command to display the command help. DeltaCode will self-configure if needed:
Run a sample delta
./deltacode -n samples/samples.json -o samples/samples.json
Run a simple delta saved to the output.json file:
./deltacode -n samples/samples.json -o samples/samples.json -j output.json
Then open output.json to view the delta results.
To get DeltaCode results for your codebase, install scancode-toolkit and generate a scan for each of the codebases you wish to ‘Delta’
If you have a problem, a suggestion or found a bug, please enter a ticket at: https://github.com/nexB/deltacode/issues
For other questions, discussions, and chats, we have:
- an official Gitter channel at https://gitter.im/aboutcode-org/discuss Gitter also has an IRC bridge at https://irc.gitter.im/
- an official #aboutcode IRC channel on freenode (server chat.freenode.net) for DeltaCode and other related tools. Note that this receives notifications from repos so it can be a tad noisy. You can use your favorite IRC client or use the web chat at https://webchat.freenode.net/
- Apache-2.0 with an acknowledgement required to accompany the delta output.
See the NOTICE file for more details.
Documentation & FAQ
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size deltacode-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (18.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for deltacode-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl