A reveal.js helper tool
Deveal is an helper tool for using the marvelous reveal.js presentation framework.
It provides the ability to
- create a new presentation
- split presentation into multiple files
- easily parameterize the presentation (title, theme, custom css, …)
- build presentation into a single index.html file
- watch for presentation updates while editing the source files
Use the pip installation tool
pip install deveal
The dependencies will be automatically installed.
Deveal is a command line tool. It must be used from within a terminal.
Run the following command to get help
The deveal new command creates a new presentation. As it creates the presentation directory itself, the command must be run in the upper directory where the new presentation will be created
(example below for creating a new presentation named “mynewpresent”)
deveal new mynewpresent
This command creates the minimal required files in the presentation directory
- the deveal-index.html template file
- the deveal.yaml configuration file
A deveal.css file for optional custom styles and a sections directory with an example presentation are also created
The deveal-index.html file is the template for the presentation. It a Jinja2 template rendered throught the deveal build command, using the variables contained in the deveal.yaml file. Unless you want to modify the reveal.js configuration, you should not have to modify this template.
The deveal.yaml file contains the configuration for the presentation. It should contains the folling expected variables:
- reveal_path : The path or URL to the installed reveal.js framework (“https://firstname.lastname@example.org” if not defined)
- reveal_theme : The theme to use for (“black” if not defined)
- content_files : The ordered array of files containing the parts of the presentation
- custom_css : The path to the custom css file if any
Any other variable defined in this file is made available as a Jinja2 variable for the template file. This may be useful if you plan to customize the template.
The deveal build command builds the presentation as a single index.html file using the deveal-index.html and deveal.yaml files
The obtained index.html file is the presentation itself that can be open throught a web browser.
The deveal watch command watches for files changes in the presentation directory and subdirectories. If a change is detected, a build is automatically triggered. Type Ctrl+C to stop watching.
- For an easier writing and maintenance of the presentation, it is encouraged to split the presentation into multiple files (for example title.html, part1.html, part2.html, …)
- it is encouraged to put the graphics used in the presentation in a dedicated subdirectory (named “graphics” for example)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|deveal-0.2.2.macosx-10.13-x86_64.tar.gz (7.4 kB) View hashes||Source||None|
Hashes for deveal-0.2.2.macosx-10.13-x86_64.tar.gz