Tools to help development and debugging
Devpy is a set of tools to ease Python development.
pip install devpy
Devpy provide a quick dev setup for logging that you can replace later by a more robust solution:
import devpy.develop as log log.info('This is an info') log.warning('This is a warning') log.error('This is an error') log.critical('This is a critical error') log.info('Now let me crash the program. This stack trace is automatically in the log file:') import codecs codecs.open('/thisdoesnotexist')
Setuping proper loging is tedious, so you may want to do it later, but you wish you could get basic logging right now:
import devpy # Get a logger that automatically log to console and a rotating file # The rotating file is setup in the temp directory of your system, in # a subdir named after your script name. # Logs are colored in the console according their level. # The file path is printed at the begining of the program. log = devpy.autolog() # log is a regular stdlib logger object # start logging: log.info('Yes')
Once you have time to setup logging seriously, you can just replace the autolog with a regular custom Python logger, and all your logs will still work.
Setting the environment variable DEVPY_LOG_LEVEL to an integer or a level name (debug, info, error, warning, critical…) will set the autolog log to it.
Setting the environment variable DEVPY_COLOR_LOG to 0 disable the color in the log.
- level (default=-1): the general log level
- name (defaul=name of the root module): the name of the log file
- path (default=OS temp dir + name): path to the log file
- log_on_crash (default=True): add a hook to log the stack trace in case of a crash
- log_filename (default=True): log log file pat at the program start
- color_log (default=True): add colors to the log
Format the stack trace so that:
- it separates the various logicial blocs
- it emphasis the lines of your program and not the stdlb
- lines of your program are syntax highlighted
import devpy devpy.color_traceback()
All helpers at once
import devpy log = devpy.dev_mode() # can set color_traceback=True, autolog=True # or just # import devpy.develop as log # for a one liner to activate it all
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|devpy-0.1.7-py2-none-any.whl (7.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|devpy-0.1.7.tar.gz (5.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|