Dexterity content and behaviors to integrate with membrane.
dexterity.membrane enables dexterity content items to be used as users and groups in Plone sites and integrates with Products.membrane.
This package has been tested and developed for Plone 4.2+ In fact it will only work on that version (or higher) as we require uuid support. We highly recommend using Python 2.7. It may work on Python 2.6, but we are not testing with that version (and at least the tests have some code that only works on 2.7).
We depend on Products.membrane 2.0.2 or higher as that contains a fix to make sure members that are deleted are also removed from the membrane_tool catalog.
As user id we use the uuid that is generated for the content item. This only works on Plone 4.1 and higher. See the definition of getUserId in the user.py behavior.
If you define your own member content type, you should enable the plone.app.referenceablebehavior.referenceable.IReferenceable behavior on it as that gives uuid support. This also means members can be referenced from Archetypes content.
Email as login name
This package contains a member content type that has an email field. This is used as login name by the behavior. See getUserName. Other implementations are possible, so we do not force you to use the email address as the login name in your site.
By default, this is on, but you can switch it off in our control panel. The setting is saved in the Plone registry.
Aside from this, it is probably a good idea to also switch on the use_email_as_login property of Plone itself. The only effect this has as far as this package is concerned, is that some text in login forms is changed: you see email address as label instead of login name, mostly. To enable this, you can put this in propertiestool.xml (Plone 4), possibly in a custom package for your project:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <object name="portal_properties" meta_type="Plone Properties Tool"> <object name="site_properties" meta_type="Plone Property Sheet"> <property name="use_email_as_login" type="boolean">True</property> </object> </object>
Warning about changing settings
It is best to configure the settings once, and then not touch them anymore. If you change the settings when you already have created members, some reindexing may be needed. If there are just a few members, editing and saving them all will be the easiest way. If you have dozens or hundreds of members this is not very practical. Future versions might automate this. If you are interested in helping, a pull request would be nice.
Member content type
This package defines a member content type, but this may be considered an example; feel free to create a different type and only use the behaviors or create your own adaptations of them.
- this makes the content behave as a membrane user, defining a way to get the user id (getUserId) and login name (getUserName).
- adds a password and confirmation field to your dexterity content. This is used during authentication.
- this makes the content behave as a membrane group, defining a way to get the group id (getGroupId) and group name (getGroupName).
- we implement authentication using the email field and the password field.
- Products.membrane.interfaces import IMembraneUserProperties
- we provide a read-only mapping from the first and last name fields of our own IMember schema to the fullname user property. We have a read-write mapping for the email, home_page/homepage and description/bio properties/fields for IMember.
This package defines a local role provider. It makes sure a logged in user gets the local Reader, Editor and Creator roles on the membrane object that belongs to that user.
We define a simple workflow with pending/approved states. A user can only login when in the approved state.
As of 1.1.0b3, dexterity.membrane uses bcrypt to encrypt new passwords. This change maintains support for existing SSHA passwords.
- Depend on plone.api [ale-rt]
- Fixed some docstring [ale-rt]
- Biography: plone.app.textfield RichText field for Plone 5 [ksuess]
- Fix AttributeError: ‘tuple’ object has no attribute ‘strip’ [b4oshany]
- Performance improvements: cache expensive bcrypt operations [ale-rt]
- Removed collective.indexing dependency. Collective.indexing was merged into Plone 5.1 If you’re using this package with a Plone version < than 5.1, please add collective.indexing manually and pin Products.membrane to < 4. [agitator]
- Dropping official support for Plone < 4.3, use 1.2.x for older versions of Plone. [agitator]
- No longer officially support Python 2.6. See compatibility in readme. [maurits]
- Enable use_email_as_username without use_uuid_as_userid. This fixes getUserId, which fixes the indexed user values, which fixes enumerateUsers. Warning: if you already have members and you change the settings, this may need reindexing, or editing and saving all users manually. Fixes https://github.com/collective/dexterity.membrane/issues/26 [gyst]
- Added backwards compatibility import for membranepasswords.IProvidePasswords. Otherwise z3c.relationfield may give problems when editing content. Fixes https://github.com/collective/dexterity.membrane/issues/23 [mikejmets]
- A group might accidentally show up as a user. portal_membership.listMembers then says: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__of__'. We prevent this by implementing getUserId and getUserName on groups, returning the group id and group name. [maurits]
- Switch to bcrypt encryption for passwords (includes backwards-compatibility with existing SSHA passwords) [mgrbyte]
- added BBB class for IMembraneGroup, IProvidePasswordsSchema and IMembraneUser [agitator]
- fix release
- support special characters/umlauts in passwords [agitator]
- renaming with bbb imports: remove last membrane from all dexterity.membrane.behavior.membrane*. [jensens]
- fix: make PasswordProvider work. The whole was inactive and broken after activation. [jensens]
- Get rid of deprecated plone.directives and use plone core functionality to achieve same goals. Also minor modernization of buildout. [jensens]
- Declare plone.directives.form dependency. [vincentfretin]
- add a hook using a utility to add a password checker in own customization code. we may want to provide an default, but yet not sure how it should look like. [jensens]
- make it easier to inherit passowrd for own behavior [jensens]
- Remove grok dependency, refactor a bit to reduce complexity in one module. Attention: password related behaviour is now in own module. Needs update of customizations/own code after upgrade. [jensens]
- Cleanup, pep8, plone-code-style, make tests fly again. [jensens]
- Make get_full_name a method of MembraneUser so it can be easily customized. [cedricmessiant, vincentfretin]
- Add French translations. [cedricmessiant]
- Add upgrade step to update the behavior profile. If you have installed the example content profile, you will see a warning in the Add-ons control panel that Plone does not know how to update this profile. We recommend that you deactivate it and then activate it again. Issue #7 [maurits]
- Rename content profile to example and rename behavior profile to default. Issue #7. [maurits]
- Add Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese translations. [hvelarde]
- Fix installation problems when OS does not support symbolic links. Renamed README.txt to README.rst and updated setup.py to point to that file. This fixes #5. [saily]
- Fix getattr in getPropertiesForUser to have a default value. [datakurre]
- Keep constistent with plone’s email login #12187, so don’t lowercase email addresses. [saily]
- Add basic membrane group behavior [saily]
- Initial alpha release