Dirty Models Sphinx extension
Sphinx extension for dirty models
Sphinx extension to help developers to write documentation of
applications which use Dirty Models.
- Describe each field with real type.
- All field types defined on Dirty Models are documented.
- Use prefixed (doc comment using #: before field) or
suffixed (Multiline doc string after field) documentation for each field.
- Document read only fields.
- Document default value for each field.
- Document datetime format on those fields.
- Able to set a prefix text in model signature.
- Able to set a prefix text in fields signature.
- Able to document field type as annotation or as field directive.
- Able to add models to toctree.
- Able to add model attributes to toctree.
- Document default timezone on TimeField and DatetimeField.
- Document forced timezone on DatetimeField.
- Minor fixes.
- Fix nested classes.
- Document EnumField.
- Added option to add models to toctree.
- Added option to add model attributes to toctree.
- Added option to set prefix model signature.
- Added option to set prefix model field signature.
- Added option to use field type as annotation.
- Added fields to index.
- Changed default value label to Default value.
- Latex manual document class builder fails when model attributes are in toctree.
That is because it creates a fake sections with same ids and remove after toctree is created.
So, latex builder does not found references when it try to create links.
Just use pip to install it:
$ pip install dirty-models-sphinx
And add to Sphinx extensions to your project.
autodoc extension (included in Sphinx) is required.
extensions = [
It is possible to modify Dirty Models Sphinx extension behavior using configuration in conf.py file.
If it is True Dirty Models classes will be added to table of content. Default: True.
If it is True Dirty Models class attributes will be added to table of content, only if classes were added.
It defines a prefix text for Dirty Model class signatures. It is possible to use None in order to avoid prefix.
It defines a prefix text for Dirty Model class field signatures. It is possible to use None in
order to avoid prefix. Default: 'property'.
If it is True field type will be shown as annotation to attribute. Otherwise, if it is False, field type
will be shown as field directive. Default: True.
Just use regular autodocumenter:
.. automodule:: models