Tools for logging changes made from Django admin
django-admin-blame is a Django app providing mixins for tracking date and author of model changes from django admin.
Often it is useful to know date and author of object creation or modification. django-admin-blame provides a django model mixin with fields:
- created (datetime) - timestamp of object creation
- created_by (FK to User) - reference to an admin user who created this object through admin site
- modified (datetime) - timestamp of last object modification
- modified_by (FK to User) - reference to an admin user who made last changes to
this object through admin site. If changes has been made somewhere else,
field value is reset to
pip install django-admin-blame
Working example is in
- Enable middleware in django settings:
- Add model mixin to your models:
from django.db import models from admin_log.models import AdminLogMixin class Subject(AdminLogMixin, models.Model): title = models.CharField(max_length=50) content = models.TextField()
- Add admin mixin to corresponding model admin:
from django.contrib import admin from admin_log.admin import AdminLogMixin from testproject.testapp import models @admin.register(models.Subject) class SubjectAdmin(AdminLogMixin, admin.ModelAdmin): pass
Now you have readonly fields with date and author of last revision in admin "edit" page.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django_admin_blame-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl