Middleware that compresses response using brotli algorithm.
This project consists of BrotliMiddleware which works the same as Django GZipMiddleware (Docs/Source). BrotliMiddleware will compress content of HTTP response using brotli algorithm (Brotli Compressed Data Format is defined in RFC 7932).
In November 2016 is brotli supported by Firefox, Chrome, Android Browser and Opera (detailed stats on caniuse). Brotli is applied only when client has sent Accept-Encoding header containing br.
This software is in alpha version and should not be used in production.
- Supported Python versions are: 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
- Supported Django versions are: 1.11.x (LTS), 2.0.x and 2.1.x (LTS).
pip install --upgrade django-brotli
Add django_brotli.middleware.BrotliMiddleware to MIDDLEWARE:
MIDDLEWARE = [ 'django_brotli.middleware.BrotliMiddleware', # ... ]
Credits and Resources
- Clone this repository (git clone ...)
- Create virtualenv
- Install package dependencies: pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt
- Change some code
- Run tests: in project root simply execute pytest
- Submit PR :)
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2016–2019 Vašek Dohnal (@illagrenan)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django_brotli-0.2.0-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for django_brotli-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl