Common things every Django app needs!
Django-common consists of the following things:
- A middleware that makes sure your web-app runs either on or without ‘www’ in the domain.
- A SessionManagerBase base class, that helps in keeping your session related code object-oriented and clean! See session.py for usage details.
- An EmailBackend for authenticating users based on their email, apart from username.
- Some custom db fields that you can use in your models including a UniqueHashField and RandomHashField.
- Bunch of helpful functions in helper.py
- A render_form_field template tag that makes rendering form fields easy and DRY.
- A couple of dry response classes: JsonResponse and XMLResponse in the django_common.http that can be used in views that give json/xml responses.
Install django_common (ideally in your virtualenv!) using pip or simply getting a copy of the code and putting it in a directory in your codebase.
Add django_common to your Django settings INSTALLED_APPS:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ # ... "django_common", ]
Add the following to your settings.py with appropriate values:
Add common_settings to your Django settings TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS:
TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = [ # ... "common_settings", ]
Add EmailBackend to the Django settings AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS:
AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = ( 'django_common.auth_backends.EmailBackend', 'django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend' )
Add WWWRedirectMiddleware if required to the list of middlewares:
MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = [ # ... "WWWRedirectMiddleware", ]
This open-source app is brought to you by Tivix, Inc. ( http://tivix.com/ )
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(22.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Dumb Binary||any||Mar 12, 2012|