Django template renderer for designers
Allow designers to work on your templates without having to run the Django development server, database etc.
- Pulls repo
- Edits template, makes it look pretty
- Runs manage.py command to render template and produce html file
- Points browser to file
- Views pretty rendered template in browser
- Repeats steps 2 and 3, refreshes browser
- Commits and pushes pretty templates
Note: To state the obvious, context variables are not rendered on page. View functions are not called. Context variables are often not needed when a desinger is viewing templates for design purposes.
pip install django-designer
$ ./manage.py render_template your_app/templates/home.html file:///Users/you/Projects/your_project/your_app/templates/home_rendered.html
Copy-paste output into browser address bar and view rendered template.
Recommend you add *_rendered.html to your .gitignore.