Django-Directmessages is a low-level and easy-to-use Django App to manage simple directmessages.
Django-Directmessages is a low-level and easy-to-use Django App to manage simple directmessages. In contrast to other Django Apps for messaging, Django-Directmessages doesn’t use any type of pre-built templates and is concentrated on the programmatic usage.
Django-Directmessage is thought to be used with APIs or small apps, but can be used for any type of messaging. It featues:
- Sending of private 1-to-1 messages between users.
- Listing unread messages for a given user.
- Read a given message
- Get all conversation partners/contacted users for a given user
- Read a whole conversation between two users.
Django >= 1.5 is supported
- pip install django-directmessages
- add "directmessages" to INSTALLED_APPS and run python manage.py migrate.
Import the Message Management API on top of your views.py
from directmessages.apps import Inbox
- Send message: Inbox.send_message(from_user, to_user, message)
- List all unread messages: Inbox.get_unread_messages(user)
- Read a message (and mark as read): Inbox.read_message(message)
- Print a message as <user>: <message>: Inbox.read_message_formatted(message)
- Print a list of all conversation partners for a user: Inbox.get_conversations(users)
- Get a conversation between two users: Inbox.get_conversation(user1, user2, _limit_, _reversed_, _mark_read_)
- Limit (Int: optional): Instead of getting the whole conversation, get the first 50 (depends on reversed)
- Reversed (Bool: optional): Usually the ‘limit’-param gives back the first x messages, if you put Reversed to True, limit will give back the x latest messages.
- Mark_Read (Bool: optional): Mark all messages in conversation as read
You can use the following signals to extend the app for your needs
- Gets called as soon as a message is sent. Provides the Message object, the sender and the recipient as params.
- Gets called as soon as a message is read: Provides the Message object, the sender and the recipient as params.
Bug reports, patches and fixes are always welcome!
- Add some security functions (e.g checking if user is allowed to read a message)
- Add some custom exceptions (e.g. when no message was found)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-directmessages-0.9.7.tar.gz (6.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django-directmessages-0.9.7.tar.gz