Stock user app but without usernames
For when you want regular Django users but without the usernames.
This is a stock replacement for Django’s auth.User model that removes the username field in favor of a unique email field. Both the User model and the forms enforce lower cased email addresses to ensure uniqueness without surprises.
Inspired by the users module in pydanny’s original Django cookiecutter project template which I kept using and then editing to support email addresses.
Install and download with pip:
pip install django-email-users
Add to your installed apps in your settings.py file:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( 'users', )
Change your project’s configured user in your settings.py file:
AUTH_USER_MODEL = 'users.User'
If you are using South with Django prior to Django 1.7, you will need to use South 1+.
- Updated password change form link for User’s ModelAdmin class
- Remove User.title field (POTENTIALLY BREAKING). This field should not have been added(!). If you’re using this field you shouldn’t upgrade!
- Squashed migrations (POTENTIALLY BREAKING). If you’re using 0.4.0 or an older version and want to upgrade, consider faking the migration to 0001 and then removing the title field. As long as you’re using 0.4.0 the title field is nullable, however.
- Drop support for Django 1.6, 1.7
- Add support for Django 1.9
- Add support for Python 3.5
- Update Django migrations to reflect field changes for base user model
- Support Django 1.8
- Adds a get_username method to User model
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_email_users-1.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (9.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-email-users-1.1.0.tar.gz (8.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_email_users-1.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl