Flatpage-like SQL queries for Django.
Installing the app package from PyPI
If you already have a working Django 1.3+ project and you just want to install the app:
- Get the package:
pip install django-flatqueries
Add ‘flatqueries’ to your INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py.
Add this to your urls.py:
Create the database table required by this app:
python manage.py syncdb
Getting the sample project
This project runs out-of-the box on Django 1.3. Here’s how:
- Grab the code.
- svn checkout http://django-flatqueries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk django-flatqueries-demo
- cd django-flatqueries-demo/sample_project
- Create the database.
- python manage.py syncdb - Yes, create a superuser
- Load the demo data. *(Optional, but see deployment note)
- python manage.py loaddata demo_data.json
- Start the local development server.
- python manage.py runserver
- Login at http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin to play with flatqueries.
TO RUN A FLATQUERY
- On its view page, click the “view on site” button.
- Click the “Run” button.
DEPLOYMENT: VERY IMPORTANT
If you put this on another domain, you need to make sure your “site” values are correct. Otherwise, the “view on site” button will not work correctly!
For editing, the standard Django Admin permissions apply. Any superuser will be able to edit, as well as any staff person with the appropriate permissions.
For running queries, an additional permission is needed for staff users. Assign ‘flatqueries.can_run_query’ to grant this permission to users or groups.
Still, be careful not to let query URLs fall into the hands of users you don’t want running them. If you ignore this warning, then any trouble that results is YOUR OWN FAULT. :P
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-flatqueries-0.1.tar.gz (6.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|