hide fields in django admin
Provides a field base class to hide fields in django admin. The class turns a field label in an admin edit form into a show/hide toggle link.
Tested with Django 1.11.
- pip install django-hidefield
- place 'hidefield' in INSTALLED_APPS
Build a custom field class for any model field type you want to hide. The field has an additional argument hide with the following meaning:
- 'closed' : default, the field is hidden at start
- 'data' : the field is hidden at start, if the field contains data
- 'no-data' : the field is hidden at start, if the field contains no data
- 'opened' : (or any other value) the field is shown at start
from django.db import models from hidefield.fields import HideField class HideCharField(HideField, models.CharField): pass class MyModel(models.Model): name = HideCharField(max_length=32, hide='data')
See exampleapp for more examples.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-hidefield-0.1.2.tar.gz (3.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|