A viral holding page to collect email addresses with export and unsubscribe functionality.
- Users can provide their email address and name which is saved in to the database for future exports to systems such as Campaign Monitor.
- Each user is sent a viral code, which allows them to share your holding page with other people and build up points.
- Complete use of templates - configure the entire app to your own needs without touching the code
Start up a Django project in the usual way and then ensure you have the requirements installed:
pip install django-widget-tweaks==1.4.1
To run the tests on Python 2.7 install mock too:
pip install mock==1.3.0
Install django-holding-page pip:
pip install django-holding-page
At the end of settings.py:
INSTALLED_APPS += ( 'django.contrib.sites', 'widget_tweaks', 'holding_page.subscribers', )
At the end of urls.py:
urlpatterns += patterns( url(r'', include('holding_page.subscribers.urls', namespace='subscriber',)), )
Remember to migrate:
python manage.py migrate
Finally, don’t forget to change Django’s default Site at /admin/ so the emails work correctly.
The following templates can be overwritten in your templates directory. See https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/templates/api/#configuring-an-engine
To develop the holding page package itself:
git clone git://github.com/danux/django-holding-page.git cd django-holding-page pip install -r requirements.txt ./manage.py test ./manage.py migrate
- Auto-export to Campaign Monitor, Sales Force, etc
- “Reserve my username” feature
- Make it easy to integrate this as a beta holding pen for Django projects (i.e. issue beta invites to your subscribers)
- Anything else you fancy adding/suggesting
- Pull requests will be reviewed if you choose to share back.
- First version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-holding-page-1.0.0.tar.gz (9.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django-holding-page-1.0.0.tar.gz