This is a application for Django projects providing list of world countries based on ISO3166.
ISO 3166 is a three-part standard published by the Organization for Standardization (ISO), and defines codes for the names of countries, dependent territories, and special areas of geographical interest, and their principal subdivisions (e.g., provinces or states). The official name is Codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions.
This project only uses one part of the standard, ISO 3166-1, It defines three sets of country codes:
- alpha-2 : two-letter country codes which are the most widely used of the three.
- alpha-3 : three-letter country codes.
- numeric : three-digit country codes which are identical to those developed and maintained by the United Nations Statistics Division, with the advantage of script (writing system) independence, and hence useful for people or systems using non-Latin scripts.
Basic configuration and use
Once installed, you can add django-iso3166 to any Django-based project you’re developing. The only thing needed is to add iso3166 to your INSTALLED_APPS setting.
- This application comes with automatic update feature, this will only update the
- models in this application. Use the management command:
- python manage.py updateISO3166
You can adjust the default urls provided, by specify the ISO3166_SOURCES setting appropriately. It should point to a fixture containing only fixtures for iso3166, it will consume xml or json format dumps.
Default ISO3166_SOURCES setting:
urls = ( "http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/latest.json.bz2", "http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/latest.xml.bz2", "http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/latest.json.gz", "http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/latest.xml.gz", "http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/latest.json", "http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/latest.xml", )
version 10.1.1, 26 Jan 2010
- added locale files
- fixed rst markup bugs
- changed download url to pypi
Version 10.1, 26 Jan 2010
Packaged from revision 105 in Subversion; download at http://files.co-capacity.biz/iso3166/releases/django-iso3166-10.1.tar.gz
- First packaged version using distutils.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-iso3166-10.1.1.tar.bz2 (17.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-iso3166-10.1.1.tar.gz (22.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-iso3166-10.1.1.zip (28.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|