An international phone number field for django models.
A Django library which interfaces with python-phonenumbers to validate, pretty print and convert phone numbers. python-phonenumbers is a port of Google’s libphonenumber library, which powers Android’s phone number handling.
- PhoneNumber, a pythonic wrapper around python-phonenumbers’ PhoneNumber class
- PhoneNumberField, a model field
- PhoneNumberField, a form field
- PhoneNumberField, a serializer field
- PhoneNumberPrefixWidget, a form widget for selecting a region code and entering a national number. Requires the Babel package be installed.
- PhoneNumberInternationalFallbackWidget, a form widget that uses national numbers unless an international number is entered. A PHONENUMBER_DEFAULT_REGION setting needs to be added to your Django settings in order to know which national number format to recognize.
pip install django-phonenumber-field[phonenumbers]
As an alternative to the phonenumbers package, it is possible to install the phonenumberslite package which has a lower memory footprint.
pip install django-phonenumber-field[phonenumberslite]
First, add phonenumber_field to the list of the installed apps in your settings.py file:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'phonenumber_field', ... ]
Then, you can use it like any regular model field:
from phonenumber_field.modelfields import PhoneNumberField class MyModel(models.Model): name = models.CharField(max_length=255) phone_number = PhoneNumberField() fax_number = PhoneNumberField(blank=True)
Internally, PhoneNumberField is based upon CharField and by default represents the number as a string of an international phonenumber in the database (e.g '+41524204242').
The object returned is a PhoneNumber instance, not a string. If strings are used to initialize it, e.g. via MyModel(phone_number='+41524204242') or form handling, it has to be a phone number with country code.
Store phone numbers strings in the specified format.
- "NATIONAL" (requires PHONENUMBER_DEFAULT_REGION),
- "RFC3966" (requires PHONENUMBER_DEFAULT_REGION).
ISO-3166-1 two-letter country code indicating how to interpret regional phone numbers.
String formatting of phone numbers.
tox needs to be installed. To run the whole test matrix with the locally available Python interpreters and generate a combined coverage report:
run a specific combination:
tox -e py310-djmain,py39-djmain
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django-phonenumber-field-6.3.0.tar.gz
Hashes for django_phonenumber_field-6.3.0-py3-none-any.whl