An international phone number field for django models.
A Django library which interfaces with python-phonenumbers to validate, pretty print and convert phone numbers. python-phonenumbers is a port of Google’s libphonenumber library, which powers Android’s phone number handling.
- PhoneNumber, a pythonic wrapper around python-phonenumbers’ PhoneNumber class
- PhoneNumberField, a model field
- PhoneNumberField, a form field
- PhoneNumberField, a serializer field
- PhoneNumberPrefixWidget, a form widget for selecting a region code and entering a national number
- PhoneNumberInternationalFallbackWidget, a form widget that uses national numbers unless an international number is entered. A PHONENUMBER_DEFAULT_REGION setting needs to be added to your Django settings in order to know which national number format to recognize. The setting is a string containing an ISO-3166-1 two-letter country code.
pip install django-phonenumber-field pip install phonenumbers
As an alternative to the phonenumbers package it is possible to install the phonenumberslite package which has a lower memory footprint.
First, add phonenumber_field to the list of the installed apps in your settings.py file:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'phonenumber_field', ... ]
Then, you can use it like any regular model field:
from phonenumber_field.modelfields import PhoneNumberField class MyModel(models.Model): name = models.CharField(max_length=255) phone_number = PhoneNumberField() fax_number = PhoneNumberField(blank=True)
Internally, PhoneNumberField is based upon CharField and by default represents the number as a string of an international phonenumber in the database (e.g '+41524204242').
Representation can be set by PHONENUMBER_DB_FORMAT variable in django settings module. This variable must be one of 'E164', 'INTERNATIONAL', 'NATIONAL' or 'RFC3966'. Recommended is one of the globally meaningful formats 'E164', 'INTERNATIONAL' or 'RFC3966'. 'NATIONAL' format require to set up PHONENUMBER_DEFAULT_REGION variable.
The object returned is a PhoneNumber instance, not a string. If strings are used to initialize it, e.g. via MyModel(phone_number='+41524204242') or form handling, it has to be a phone number with country code.
tox needs to be installed. To run the whole test matrix with the locally available Python interpreters and generate a combined coverage report:
run a specific combination:
tox -e py36-dj21,py36-dj111
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-phonenumber-field-4.0.0.tar.gz (21.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for django-phonenumber-field-4.0.0.tar.gz