Collection of utilities for working with DRF
Collection of utilities for working with DRF. Name inspired by django-braces.
- Free software: MIT license
- GitHub: https://github.com/dealertrack/django-rest-framework-braces
- Documentation: https://django-rest-framework-braces.readthedocs.io.
Easiest way to install django-rest-framework-braces is by using pip:
$ pip install django-rest-framework-braces
Once installed, you can use any of the supplied utilities by simply importing them. For example:
from drf_braces.mixins import MultipleSerializersViewMixin class MyViewSet(MultipleSerializersViewMixin, GenericViewSet): def create(self, request): serializer = self.get_serializer(serializer_class=MySerializer) ...
For full list of available utilities, please refer to the documentation.
To run the tests you need to install testing requirements first:
$ make install
Then to run tests, you can use use Makefile command:
$ make test
- Fixed how choices are normalized in SerializerForm to [(key, key)] vs previously [(key, value)] to match DRF’s handling of choices unlike Django forms.
- Added support for Form.all_fields and Form.all_base_fields in SerializerForm which supports custom form classes which implement such API.
- Added support for FormSerializer.Meta.exclude which allows to specify fields to exclude.
- Added rounding parameter to RoundedDecimalField which allows to define rounding direction when rounding value.
- Fixed bugs in RoundedDecimalField
- Added RoundedDecimalField for rounding off decimal to specified decimal_places instead of validing that higher precision is not allowed
- Added URLField for automatic mapping between django forms and DRF serializers
- Fixed a bug in SerializerForm in which form cleaned data was replaced with serializer data instead of updating it.
- Fixed a bug in EnforceValidationFieldMixin that it was overwriting to_internal_value instead of run_validation
- Test coverage is now at 100%!
- Fixed bugs in AllowBlankNullFieldMixin
- All DRF fields not subclass both AllowBlankNullFieldMixin and EmptyStringFieldMixin
- Added custom to_representation() to EmptyStringFieldMixin which allows to pass empty string or None values. This is especially useful for fields like IntegerField which would blow up when passing empty string value for non-required fields.
- Fixed a bug in FormSerializer which did not honor field_mapping in any of the subclasses
- First release on PyPI.
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2015, dealertrack technologies Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.