Django row level object sharing app.
Django row level sharing app limiting content access by user in Django admin.
- Provides admin view, change and delete permissions, restricting content access and limiting available actions per user.
- Filters ForeignKey fields by view permissions.
- Filters ManyToManyField fields by view permissions.
- Automatically enables sharing on all admin classes (optional).
- Install or add django-sharing to your python path.
- Add 'sharing' to the project’s INSTALLED_APPS setting.
- Add 'sharing.backends.SharingBackend' to the project’s AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS setting.
In order for django-sharing to limit content access your various admin classes need to include the ShareAdminMixin class. For example:
# admin.py from django.contrib import admin from sharing.admin import ShareAdminMixin class ArticleAdmin(ShareAdminMixin, admin.ModelAdmin): pass admin.site.register(Article, ArticleAdmin)
It is crucial for ShareAdminMixin to be the first ancestor class in the admin class’ definition.
Alternatively you can automatically enable sharing for all models registered with the admin site. django-sharing includes an admin_mixin_share method which will apply the ShareAdminMixin class to all models registered with the admin site. Call the method after admin.autodiscover() in urls.py:
# urls.py from django.conf.urls.defaults import * from django.contrib import admin import sharing admin.autodiscover() sharing.admin_mixin_share() urlpatterns = patterns('', (r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)), )
Once the ShareAdminMixin class has been applied your admin change views should include Group and User share inlines and restrict content appropriately.
- Resolved class name issue on save_model.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_sharing-0.0.2-py2.5.egg (15.0 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django_sharing-0.0.2-py2.6.egg (15.0 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.6||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-sharing-0.0.2.tar.gz (8.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|