Generate PDFs from django models by overlaying text onto an existing pdf
smmapdfs is used for generating pdf files from django models by overlaying the text of fields onto a background pdf file. It differs from other django pdf apps such as django-easy-pdf and django-pdfkit in that it is intended to be used by graphics designers wishing to overlay some text onto a pre-prepaired pdf background.
smmapdfs can further be used to send out emails with the pdfs. It was initially intended to send out diplomas at the end of a cycling competition.
Sudo make me a pfd sandwich is published on Pypy as django-smmapdfs.
pip3 install django-smmapdfs
See the example app for an example of how to integrate smmapdfs into your django application.
In smmapdfs admin:
- For each competition add a new pdfsandwich type, uploading a PDF and setting its size. There can only be one pdfsandwich type per competition
- For each pdfsandwich type and langauge add a pdfsandwich email
In your application’s admin:
- For each pdfsandwich type add the fields you want displayed on the pdfsandwich, setting their coordinates left→right, bottom↑ᵘᵖ in millimeters
In your application’s admin
- Select the objects you wish to to generate pdfsandwichs for
- Select the Make PdfSandwich action
- In your applications admin select the pdfsandwichs you want to send and use the send action
Notes about email formatting:
The emails are sent as HTML messages. Text messages are created by stripping out the HTML tags. This means that links should be written in their full form.
Please remember, both the United states and the EU have criminal penalties for sending unsolicited SPAM email messages. This app is not designed or intended for such a purpose. Please do not use it to send SPAM. (This note has no legal implications for licensing purposes. The software is licensed under the GNU LGPLv3.0)