Django app for building dashboards using raw SQL queries
Django SQL Dashboard provides an authenticated interface for executing read-only SQL queries directly against your PostgreSQL database, bringing a useful subset of Datasette to Django.
Applications include ad-hoc analysis and debugging, plus the creation of reporting dashboards that can be shared with team members or published online.
- Safely run read-only one or more SQL queries against your database and view the results in your browser
- Bookmark queries and share those links with other members of your team
- Create saved dashboards from your queries, with full control over who can view and edit them
- Named parameters such as
select * from entries where id = %(id)swill be turned into form fields, allowing quick creation of interactive dashboards
- Produce bar charts, progress bars and more from SQL queries, with the ability to easily create new custom dashboard widgets using the Django template system
- Write SQL queries that safely construct and render markdown and HTML
- Export the full results of a SQL query as a downloadable CSV or TSV file, using a combination of Django's streaming HTTP response mechanism and PostgreSQL server-side cursors to efficiently stream large amounts of data without running out of resources
- Copy and paste the results of SQL queries directly into tools such as Google Sheets or Excel
- Uses Django's authentication system, so dashboard accounts can be granted using Django's Admin tools
Full documentation is at django-sql-dashboard.datasette.io
- django-sql-explorer provides a related set of functionality that also works against database backends other than PostgreSQL
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django_sql_dashboard-1.1-py3-none-any.whl