A Django calendaring application.
Swingtime is a Django application similar to a stripped-down version of iCal for Mac OS X or Google Calendar.
Swingtime provides a models.Event model that acts as metadata container for one or more models.Occurrence objects, which describe specific start and end times.
Swingtime relies heavily upon both the datetime standard library package and the dateutil package, featuring direct support for the dateutil.rrule interface to create occurrences.
A fairly simple example:
>>> from datetime import * >>> from swingtime import models as swingtime >>> et = swingtime.EventType.objects.create(abbr='work', label='Work Related Events') >>> evt = swingtime.Event.objects.create( ... title='New TPS Cover Sheet', ... description='Kiss off, Lumbergh!', ... event_type=et ... ) >>> evt.add_occurrences(datetime(2013,4,1,16), datetime(2013,4,1,16,15), count=5) >>> for o in evt.occurrence_set.all(): ... print o ... New TPS Cover Sheet: 2013-04-01T16:00:00 New TPS Cover Sheet: 2013-04-02T16:00:00 New TPS Cover Sheet: 2013-04-03T16:00:00 New TPS Cover Sheet: 2013-04-04T16:00:00 New TPS Cover Sheet: 2013-04-05T16:00:00
A bit more elaborate example, using the the convenience function models.create_event:
>>> # pay day is the last Friday of the month at 5pm >>> evt = swingtime.create_event( ... 'Pay day', ... ('pay', 'Payroll'), # alternate means to add EventType on the fly ... freq=rrule.MONTHLY, ... byweekday=rrule.FR(-1), ... until=datetime(2013,8,1), ... start_time=datetime(2013,4,1,17) ... ) >>> for o in evt.occurrence_set.all(): ... print o ... Pay day: 2013-04-26T17:00:00 Pay day: 2013-05-31T17:00:00 Pay day: 2013-06-28T17:00:00 Pay day: 2013-07-26T17:00:00
- Support for adding complex event occurrences via dateutil
- Ready-made forms.MultipleOccurrenceForm for handling complex input
- Daily, monthly, and annual view functions
- Grid-based daily view generator, complete with alternating or sequential EventType CSS-class handling
- Slightly better than average documentation, a few test cases, and commented code
- Active support (I have to eat my own dogfood)
- Built-in demo project / application