Fabulous Tagging for Django
A tagging library for Django built on ForeignKey and ManyToManyField, giving you all their normal power with a sprinkling of tagging syntactic sugar.
- Project site: http://radiac.net/projects/django-tagulous/
- Source code: https://github.com/radiac/django-tagulous
- Changelog: http://radiac.net/projects/django-tagulous/documentation/changelog/
- Easy to install - simple requirements, simple syntax, lots of options
- Based on ForeignKey and ManyToManyField, so it’s easy to query
- Autocomplete support built in, if you want it
- Supports multiple independent tag fields on a single model
- Can be used as a user-customisable CharField with choices
- Supports trees of nested tags, for detailed categorisation
- Admin support for managing tags and tagged models
Supports Django 2.2 to 3.2, on Python 3.6 to 3.9.
See the Documentation for details of how Tagulous works; in particular:
Install with pip install django-tagulous, add tagulous to Django’s INSTALLED_APPS and define the serializers, then start adding tag fields to your model:
from django.db import models from tagulous.models import SingleTagField, TagField class Person(models.Model): name = models.CharField(max_length=255) title = SingleTagField(initial="Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms") skills = TagField()
You can now set and get them using strings, lists or querysets:
myperson = Person.objects.create(name='Bob', title='Mr', skills='run, hop') # myperson.skills == 'run, hop' myperson.skills = ['jump', 'kung fu'] myperson.save() # myperson.skills == 'jump, "kung fu"' runners = Person.objects.filter(skills='run')
Behind the scenes your tags are stored in separate models (by default), so because the fields are based on ForeignKey and ManyToManyField more complex queries are simple:
qs = MyRelatedModel.objects.filter( person__skills__name__in=['run', 'jump'], )
As well as this you also get autocompletion in public and admin forms, automatic slug generation, unicode support, you can build tag clouds easily, and can nest tags for more complex categorisation.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django_tagulous-1.3.3-py3-none-any.whl