A Django application that contains a widget to render a form field as a TinyMCE editor.
django-tinymce is a Django application that contains a widget to render a form field as a TinyMCE editor.
$ pip install django-tinymce
Add tinymce to INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py for your project:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'tinymce', )
Add tinymce.urls to urls.py for your project:
urlpatterns = [ ... path('tinymce/', include('tinymce.urls')), ]
In your code:
from django.db import models from tinymce.models import HTMLField class MyModel(models.Model): ... content = HTMLField()
django-tinymce uses staticfiles so everything should work as expected, different use cases (like using widget instead of HTMLField) and other stuff is available in documentation.
Latest release is 3.4.0. It supports Python 3.6+ and Django 2.2 to 3.2.
Using TinyMCE 5.10.1.
Previous releases can be found on github, but they are no longer maintained.
Support and updates
Use github issues https://github.com/jazzband/django-tinymce/issues
Originally written by Joost Cassee.
This program is licensed under the MIT License (see LICENSE.txt)
This document describes changes between each past release.
- Upgrade to TinyMCE 5.10.1
- Confirmed support for Django 3.2
- Repair the spellchecker plugin functionality.
- Add support for Django 3.1
- Improve detection of dynamically added formsets
- Update configuration documentation
- Remove support for universal builds
- Add compatibility of django-filebrowser with tinymce 5
- Load the CHANGELOG in the documentation front page
- Fix en_US language loading
- Speed up tests by removing the loading of a database
- Add verbosity option to tests
- Assume TinyMCE files are utf-8 encoded
Add support for language configuration
Upgrade to TinyMCE 5.5.0
Remove the jQuery dependency and fix multiples errors around that
As a consequence, TINYMCE_INCLUDE_JQUERY setting has been removed.
Move to the Jazzband organization
- Update the default config.
- Upgrade to TinyMCE 5
- Fix compressor
- Upgrade test matrix to Python 3.7 and Django 2.1, 2.2
- Add support for TinyMCE FileBrowser 4.0
- Remove support for South
- Use the attrs set on instantiation as well as the attrs passed to render (#237)
- Drop support for Django 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 and 1.10.
- Django 1.11 is still supported but issues a deprecation warning.
- Add support for Django 2.0
- Added INCLUDE_JQUERY setting to decide whether TinyMCE.media should include a jQuery release (#190).
- Avoid deprecation warning with django.core.urlresolvers (#188)
- Fixed a client-side validation issue when the TinyMCE widget has the HTML required attribute set (#187).
- Fixed a crash when no languages are activated (#175).
- Added compatibility for Django 1.11.
- Dropped support for Django 1.6.
- Added compatibility for Django 1.10.
- Fix JQuery Problem with grappelli
- Fix Python 3 compatibility (#170)
- Improve documentation (#163, #171)
- Cleaned Imports (#182)
- Fix TinyMCE Widget for ModelTranslation tabs (#174)
- Fix JSON mimetype (#186)
- Added tests (#149)
- Improved Python3 support
- TinyMCE compressor now use staticfiles to get the file content (and to find files that are in multiple static directory.) (#142)
- Rewrite URL files to let it works with Django 1.9 (#147, #148)
- Add a CONTRIBUTORS file.
- Make sure jQuery is loaded both in the admin and for non-admin forms. (#141)
- Use static finders for development mode. (#131)
- Fix non-admin jQuery.
- Handle non-admin jQuery. (#108)
- Add Python3 support.
- Fix missing CHANGELOG.
- Starts supporting Django 1.8
Older Changelog entries can be found on https://github.com/jazzband/django-tinymce/blob/3.1.0/docs/history.rst
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django_tinymce-3.4.0-py3-none-any.whl