Add unsubscribe link to your emails painlessly.
Easily send one-click un-subscribable emails from django to keep your customers happy.
- Adds List-Unsubscribe header to the email.
- Adds a context variable unsubscribe_url which can be used to render emails.
- Provides signals to implement the actual unsubscribe logic.
- Python (2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4)
- Django (1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7)
Install Django Unsubscribe:
pip install django-unsubscribe
Add unsubscribe to your INSTALLED_APPS settings.
from unsubscribe import UnsubscribableEmailMessage
# rest of your code
Add a signal listner for user_unsubscribe in your code that contains the logic to unsubsribe a user from the mailing list.
This application is supposed to help at improving the overall quality of the mass e-mails your site sends out by:
- Creating a simple subclass of django.core.mail.EmailMultiAlternatives, which adds a List-Unsubscribe header to the email message and a render_message function that is a wrapper to render_to_string to add unsubscribe_url to the context.
- Providing a replaceable urlconf and view, which provides a unique url for each user wishing to unsubscribe.
This application does not:
- Compose, create or mail newsletter e-mails for you. That is up to you.
- Actually unsubscribe members from your mailing lists. It provides a signal, unsubscribe.signals.user_unsubscribe, which you must hook on to to unsubscribe your users.
Please send pull request or open a issue.
- add support for django 1.5,1.6 and 1.7
- add support for python 3
- fix missing template
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|django-unsubscribe-0.1.2.tar.gz (8.2 kB) View hashes||Source||None|