Django Utils is a module with some convenient utilities not included with the standard Django install
Django Utils is a collection of small Django helper functions, utilities and classes which make common patterns shorter and easier. It is by no means a complete collection but it has served me quite a bit in the past and I will keep extending it.
- Enum based choicefields
- Models with automatic __str__, __unicode__ and __repr__ functions based on names and/or slugs using simple mixins.
- Models with automatic updated_at and created_at fields
- Models with automatic slugs based on the name property.
- Iterating through querysets in predefined chunks to prevent out of memory errors
The library depends on the Python Utils library.
Documentation is available at: http://django-utils-2.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Run pip install django-utils2 or execute python setup.py install in the source directory
- Add django_utils to your INSTALLED_APPS
If you want to run the tests, run py.test (requirements in tests/requirements.txt)
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_utils2-2.6.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (16.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size django-utils2-2.6.0.tar.gz (12.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for django_utils2-2.6.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl